Friday 10 September 2010

Challenge # 5 - Distress

Our musical theme has now ended, thank you to everyone who entered, we really appreciate the time you took to enter, there were lots of lovely entries again.  This may not have been such a popular theme, we know that some of our themes are challenging, but hey that's what it's all about, a challenge, so well done to those that joined us!

Welcome to new entrants, we hope you will stick with us for future challenges.

Now for the hardest part, picking a Top 5!

The top prize of £10 of Stamp Man gift vouchers this time goes to...

36 JoZarty

The other 4 selected are

27 Kathleen/Kats Creations
33 Jeanette
10 Claire C
19 Irene

Again, I have to say I wish you could all have been winners, but keep joining us and your turn will come I'm sure:)  Please take your blinkies from the sidebar Top 5 ladies and JoZarty, I'll contact you about your prize very soon!  Anyone who used our stamps, then do remember to take your gold star blinkie too.

So, now for a new challenge, this time it's distress.  I think our Design Team have made gorgeous cards yet again and we are looking forward to seeing all of your entries.

As it is my turn to host the challenge I thought I would give a sneak peek at something that is featuring in my next Create and Craft live show which is on Wednesday 15th September at 9am, a mini journal.  I hope you will be able to watch it live or catch a repeat, if not perhaps you could record it!  I'll also be on at noon the same day for Craft Creations.

Well, I'll stop waffling and let you get on with your distressing!

Jill 

Jill used:
Aspects of  Design 63 Alluring Ladies Stamp Sheet
Plus other products to be featured in the show!

Debbie


Stamps Kay used:



Lisa used:


Janet Used



Frankie

 I used that Summer in the Orient Plate again because I LOVE it... and distress inks - have fun!!!


Michelle


Aspects of Design 62 Artistic Elements
/*  *  *
 OK, so that's our DT entries for the distress theme!

ADVANCE WARNING!!
Before I go, just a mention about a future challenge, the one after this is 'altered'.  Before you all disappear and think no way, I can't do that, I only do cards, well you have about a month to think about what to alter and as it may be a challenging challenge, we will have something different for you, yep, some incentives:)  So be sure to hang around here for that one and PLEASE give it a go!  You can alter anything, a box, a picture frame, a tin, a jar, anything, the wackier the better, perhaps you can think of altering something for someone ready for a Christmas present.

Our Design Team know all about my challenges, Vix calls them 'Jill specials', now I'm challenging YOU!  ha ha!!

In the meantime, keep your eyes open for something to alter:) ... and get distressing!

Jill

20 comments:

  1. Such lovely projects from the DT. Loved this challenge, great excuse to get messy! must try and tune into C&C on Weds then! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can count me in with the distressing,and the alter it challenge just love them,really love your blog and am determinded to join in every 2 weeks,just totally forgot to enter the last one,opps,but love the cards,from the DT love the inspiration on here love hugs cheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful DT samples- I love the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous DT creations. Gotta love the challenge!

    Hugs, Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous inspiration from the DT and the "Jill's special" sounds interesting!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have just found your challenge blog...fantastic! Love the way we have two weeks and you give us "prior" notice! Great inspiration from the DT. Have entered my piece for distress and hope to see you for the altered challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely DT cards for inspiration. Glad to be playing along with you this week for a great challenge.
    Tine :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for choosing my card for your Top 5!! Another fab challenge this time and what gorgeous inspiration from the DT
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there!
    This is my first time entering this challenge. Thanks to your DT`s who has produced such wonderful inspirational projects. I read your notice about altering and i am definately going to enter next time too. This was really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this challenge and the DT pieces are gorgeous. I am thinking hard about the altered piece LOL, great idea giving advance notice. I have added my piece for the Distress challenge. Tracy Evans x

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks for the challenge, finally used some of my distressed papers. Wonderful items by the DT, lovely to see. Started thinking about what to alter for your next project.

    ReplyDelete
  12. AWESOME challenge, thanks for the GREAT DT inspiration:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jill

    Loved this challenge, right up my street. The DT work is stunning and your have some absolutely gorgeous entries. I've just had a wonderful browse through them.
    Hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  14. Who would have thought getting distressed could be so much fun :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've used my French themed tags to join the distressed challenge as they are all pretty distressed and creased.
    What a great challenge blog this is - I can't wait to have a go at Altering!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My first time - thanks for such a great challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much for choosing my card for your Top 5 in the music challenge, Another fab challenge this time,
    look how many entrys you have this time, you have grown over night, keep the fab themes coming,your challenges will only get bigger,
    well done,
    Kathleen.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Whow ho your challenge is going from strength to strength congratulations. Should perhaps have kept this for Altered but reasonably sure I'll come up with something for that LOL xx Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  19. very Happy to see altered items coming up soon.. I dont make cards or ATCs etc.. ( a tag very occasionally ) so I havent been able to take part... looking forward to Friday...

    ReplyDelete
  20. I enjoyed the challenge. The cards by the DT are so beautiful. They are great inspiration. I look forward to joining more of your challenges in the future weeks.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment as we really appreciate them!